The program focuses on all areas of Financial Management i.e. markets, institutions, tools and techniques. Apart from traditional areas such as corporate finance, security analysis, investment management and financial & cost accounting the programme lays special emphasis on emerging areas such as risk management, behavioral finance and real estate finance.
The academic objectives of the programme are:
- To provide understanding of key issues in the area of Financial management, particularly, corporate finance, risk management, financial services and international financial management.
- To provide a thorough knowledge of theory and practice in finance.
- To provide a good understanding of financial markets and institutions.
- To provide a practical knowledge of key management concepts and skills in accounting, finance, investment and risk management at local and global levels.
- To impart the ability to analyze and apply financial information in key decision-making contexts.
- To enhance the skills and understanding of rigorous analytical and empirical research in finance.